Saturday, September 10, 2016

Shooting with the ProoCam Easy Go Portable Mini Studio Light Tent with LED Light


ProoCam Easy Go Portable Mini Studio Light Tent with LED Light (Powered using Powerbank or Mobile Phone USB Power Adapter)
ProoCam Easy Go Portable Mini Studio Light Tent with LED Light
Photo from ShaShinki.com

I got hold of the ProoCam Easy Go Portable Mini Studio Light Tent while attending a recent photography club meeting in Petaling Jaya. Famcart was having a booth behind the meeting hall and I was curios as to how a small lighting tent like this can be useful. 


Mine comes packaged with a 7800mAh powerbank for RM90nett.

I put it up the same evening as soon as I got home. I attached the led to a power bank, placed my Sony A7 ii inside the tent and took some photos with my Olympus OM-D E-M5  + Panasonic Leica Summilux 25mm f1.4 lens [ShaShinKi]. 

Here are the photos, cropped in-camera and with minimal post-processing (getting rid of the "dust") in LightRoom CC. As you can see, I have used the 1:1 square crop in these photos and the camera barely fit in the frame. A little more and you will see the light-tent.

Taken with Olympus OMD EM5. © Edward Chen Photography 



© Edward Chen Photography 



© Edward Chen Photography


I have taken a few more photos using my iPhone 6 plus with the white background but the result is not as pleasing although it has served its purpose.

Taken with iPhone 6 Plus.  © Edward Chen Photography



© Edward Chen Photography

Another photo with the black background using the iPhone 6 plus.

© Edward Chen Photography

Conclusion:
This is not a technical review. Just my thoughts on the product.

Pros

  • Light and easy to carry.
  • Simple setup for small product shoots.
  • Value for money.


Cons

  • Not very bright.
  • Only one led strip on the top.
  • Not suitable for objects bigger than a small camera or if you shoot other than 1:1 square crop.

I've added another post on shooting watches with this light tent here: http://blog.edwardchen.photography/2016/09/simple-portrait-of-watch-g-shock-g.html


You can purchase the ProoCam Easy Go Portable Mini Studio Light Tent with LED Light at ShaShinKi - CLICK HERE.




No comments:

Post a Comment