Monday, September 12, 2016

Using the Canon EF 50mm f1.8 ii on the Sigma MC-11 Canon EF to Sony FE Mount Converter

© Edward Chen Photography


This is a subsequent post from my previous post on using the Sigma 35mm f1.4 art lens and the Sigma MC-11 mount converter kit. I have brought along in my recent trip my Canon EF 50mm f1.8 ii and attached the lens on to the Sigma MC-11. Below are some photos taken during my travel to Bangkok using this combination on my Sony A7ii.  






Canon 50mm f1.8 ii with the Sigma MC-11 on Sony A7ii.  (Jpeg, No Edit)
© Edward Chen Photography

© Edward Chen Photography

Penguin at the Dusit Zoo. Jpeg is minor-edited using Photoscape. 
© Edward Chen Photography

Star seal at the Dusit Zoo. Camera was in aperture priority setting and the was some movement. 
© Edward Chen Photography

Hello! © Edward Chen Photography 


One of the last photos taken before it rained. 
© Edward Chen Photography

A yoga pose figurine. 

Product photography.



My Observations so far:
  • There is no eye detection focusing just like when using the Sigma 35mm.
  • Face detection works.
  • AF-S is most reliable and fast.
  • Lens can sometimes be noisy when focusing.


More information


No comments:

Post a Comment