Sunday, February 12, 2017

Birding at the lake in the evening with the Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM

Following my previous post on birding, I went to the nearby park again. This time, it's in the evening. At first I was ready for a dull, gloomy weather as it looked cloudy. But it the wind blew the clouds away, leaving a harsh sunset at the lake. I regret not bringing along my cap!

There was no bird in sight aside from the few swiftlets dipping into the lake. A bee-eater saw me approaching and flew off as I walked another step.

Here are some of the birds I managed to take snapshots of before they flew away. 😁 Photos are shot at 500mm and cropped.

Asian Glossy Starling
© Edward Chen



Brown-back Woodpecker
© Edward Chen

White-throated Kingfisher
© Edward Chen

Magpie
© Edward Chen

Another Magpie
© Edward Chen

After going through some of the photos, I have decided not to shoot wide-open next time and see if the photos will turn out sharper. It would be more challenging to do so for birds in flight though, which may suffer from noise with a higher ISO.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment