Monday, March 6, 2017

Some Photos of The Rufous-backed Kingfisher and more

Hulu Langat is one of the popular places for cyclists, probably due to its location near the forest reserve where the traffic is not as heavy as in the city. There are also eco-camps in the area where tourists stay in huts next to small rivers and waterfalls.

Here, after consulting my anonymous friends on the location of the bird, I had the opportunity to see for myself the beautiful Rufous-backed Kingfisher, 4th type of kingfisher on my list. 1st - white-throated kingfisher (everywhere), 2nd - Black-naped Kingfisher (Tanjung Karang), 3rd - Collared-Kingfisher (Tanjung Karang).

Edit: I actually saw the Collared-Kingfisher before my trip to Tanjung Karang. Stumbled upon an old photo of it which I took at Pantai Jeram a couple of years ago.

Rufous-backed Kingfisher. © Edward Chen

Rufous-backed Kingfisher. © Edward Chen
Rufous-backed Kingfisher. © Edward Chen

Such beautiful bird. 

I had to travel more than 1.5 hours due to heavy traffic in the morning, joining the early rush and driving through Kuala Lumpur before reaching Hulu Langat. It's worth it. But I don't think I would want to drive there again in the near future although I like this bird very much. 😆

Rufous-backed Kingfisher after making its mark. © Edward Chen

There were also other interesting birds and animals in the area.

Spider-hunter © Edward Chen

Chestnut-Breasted Malkoha © Edward Chen

© Edward Chen

© Edward Chen

Crawling fast. © Edward Chen

© Edward Chen

© Edward Chen

All photos are taken using the Sigma 150-500mm lens attached to the Sony A7ii via the Sigma MC-11 adapter.

Occasionally I would lose the AF function while using the Sigma 150-500 adapted to the Sony A7ii via Sigma MC-11 while I was birding. I had to off the camera and reconnect the adapter for the AF to work again.

What do you think?



No comments:

Post a Comment